Carlisle Public Schools
The Town of Carlisle seeks a professional, team-oriented facilities management professional with excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability to oversee its Facilities Department.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Schools, this position directs and manages the complex operation of the Department including School Custodians and Building Maintenance staff. Seeking a highly responsible manager who will plan, organize, direct and control all aspects of the Department operations, inclusive of building maintenance, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, electric as well as building security, grounds, construction projects and all other facility related management for the School buildings and properties.
Demonstrated management experience is essential as well as comprehensive knowledge of codes, modern principles and practices of building and facilities maintenance and construction. A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in construction management, project management, public administration, business administration, architecture, engineering or a related field.
A minimum of 5 years of municipal management experience is desired. A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of building maintenance and construction is preferred.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and oversee day-to-day maintenance activities in the operation, maintenance, and management of custodial, maintenance and grounds personnel, service providers and construction firms including H.V.A.C., plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, building and grounds and fire protection to assure the proper and efficient management of the school.
- Manage the building automation and energy management programs, preventive maintenance and associated service contracts, utility systems and school assets to determine needed maintenance and repairs. Review work in progress and assure proper completion of work orders, contracts and new capital construction projects.
- Analyze technical and operational problems and devise solutions or processes to address issues relating to the building envelope, machinery and equipment, mechanicals environmental issues and building code and regulatory issues.
- Facilitate in the coordination of large projects including deferred maintenance, preventive maintenance, energy conservation, asbestos removal and capital projects
- Responsible for building security
- Responsible for directing snow plowing and removal on school property
- Conduct continuing staff training and retraining including but not limited to OSHA, EPA compliance, asbestos and MSDS
- Assist in the development and implementation of a detailed five (5) year Capital Improvement Plan to improve the overall facility
- Prepare & administer annual department budget
- Purchase supplies, equipment & contracted services utilizing local, state & federal procurement procedures
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent