WHAT DOES SEPAC DO?
- The Carlisle SEPAC is a parent-run organization that serves as a resource and advisor to parents and guardians of children who have special needs and learning differences.
- SEPAC works in partnership with the Carlisle Public Schools administration on matters relating to the education and safety of all students.
- SEPAC works to encourage understanding, respect, acceptance, and inclusion of all students.
- SEPAC provides opportunities for parents and guardians to share experiences, exchange information, and learn more about challenges facing today’s students.
WHO ATTENDS MEETINGS?
- Parents and guardians who have children between the ages of three and fourteen (pre-school through grade eight).
- Meetings are open to the public.
- There are no dues or fees.
- Everyone is welcome!
Chapter 71B: Section 3
The School Committee shall establish a parent advisory council on special education. Membership shall be offered to all parents of children with disabilities and other interested parties.
Chapter 71B: Section 1C
Each school district shall conduct, in cooperation with the local parent advisory council, at least one workshop annually within the school district on the rights of students and their parents/guardians under the special education laws of the commonwealth.
603 CMR 28:07 (4)
Each school district shall create a district-wide parent advisory council offering membership to all parents of eligible students, and other interested parties.
Date Agenda MinutesMay 22, 2019 Agenda Minutes April 24, 2019 Agenda Minutes March 20, 2019 Agenda MinutesFebruary 27, 2019 Agenda MinutesJanuary 23, 2019 Agenda Minutes October 26, 2018 Agenda Minutes