ATTENDANCE IN SCHOOL IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, HOWEVER...
Students should not be in school if they have any of the following:
- Fever over 100. Students must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea (may return 24 hours after last episode)
- Contagious illness (such as strep throat). Students need to be on antibiotics for 24 hours for reentry to school.
- Head lice or nits (eggs). Students must be lice and nit free before returning to school.
This list is a guideline and is not all-inclusive. The nurse reserves the right to dismiss students who in her professional opinion, are contagious or are too ill to be in school.
PLEASE INFORM THE HEALTH OFFICE OF ANY CHANGES IN YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH OR MOBILTY. THIS INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT SO THAT WE MAY PLAN FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION, FIRE DRILLS AND EVACUATIONS.
PLEASE REPORT TO THE HEALTH OFFICE:
- Any injury resulting in need for crutches, slings, etc.
- Recent head injury.
- Eye injury.
- Asthma episodes.
- Allergies-Food, singing insects, latex as well as seasonal allergies. especially allergies that require need for an Epi-Pen or Benadryl etc.
- Lacerations requiring stitches.
- Any illness that requires a student to be absent three or more days.
- A visit to the emergency room for hospitalization for an illness, injury or asthma.
- Any surgical procedure.