The School Nurse serves as the health professional for the school community and provides the following services:
- Illness and injury assessments and interventions.
- Identification, assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of student's health concerns.
- Works with families to develop an Individualized Nursing Care Plan for students with disabilities/ or health concerns.
- Maintains computerized, confidential health records.
- Manages care of children with special health needs.
- Medication administration.>
- Ensures compliance with the state's mandated immunization policy for entry to school.
- Provides Data to Ma. Department of Public Health.
- Conducts state mandated screenings:
- Vision and Hearing
- Postural screening grades 5-8
- Heightnd weight & BMI screenings.
- Establishes guidelines for school district health policies, goals and objectives.