Dear Carlisle Families,
It is my pleasure to serve as the new Superintendent of the Carlisle School District and I am looking forward to a wonderful and productive 2016-2017 school year, for our students, our faculty, our staff, and the families of Carlisle.
The Carlisle Public School has a rich history of educational excellence, which is built upon the strong foundation of a caring, supportive, and collaborative community. These fundamental characteristics of our school community provide our teachers and professional educators with the supports and tools necessary to help all of our students engage in and benefit from the rich experiences that our district offers. Our district is guided by and committed to our vision, “to inspire intellectual and ethical excellence, so our students are prepared to participate with integrity in a global community,” and it is our shared commitment which allows us to realize this vision.
Committed to this charge, we strive to meet the present and future needs of all our students through:
- A commitment to be active members of a global community, even though we live in a small town
- A commitment to help students be prepared to thrive in a global community through an emphasis on a rich curriculum including world languages and STEAM enrichment (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math)
- A commitment to staff development where we foster best practices through reflection on our instructional practices, curriculum development, collaboration, and life long learning
- A commitment to helping every child learn in the way he or she learns best, respecting learning differences, and meeting the range of learners in our classrooms
- A commitment to providing a safe, inclusive environment based on student leadership, respectful behavior, appreciated differences, responsible behavior, and zero tolerance for bullying
- A commitment to help children develop a life long love of learning
It is my pleasure to join the accomplished and dedicated faculty, staff, and administrative team here in Carlisle. I look forward to learning as much about our school community as possible, as this will strengthen my ability to effectively lead the district. To this end, I invite any and all parents and community members to contact me so we can discuss your perspective on our school district. If you are interested in meeting to share ideas and perspectives, please email me at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
I appreciate the considerable responsibility I have been entrusted with as superintendent, and I consider myself fortunate to have the opportunity to influence the lives of the children of Carlisle, and to lead such an outstanding school district in this exceptional community.